Where can I find up-to-date organic produce wholesale price list?

I am the manager of a small farm in Portland, Oregon. We feed directly into a restaurant, and I am looking for a reliable source of consistently updated wholesale market prices for organic produce in the Portland area or even Northwest region.

I don't have time to collect and crunch my own numbers from this previous season, nor is it absolutely necessary at this juncture. Also, it would be great just to have a reference.

We have an incredibly diverse list of fruits and vegetables that we grow, and that has been the biggest challenge - finding such a wide array of organic prices that are seasonally updated. Do you know where I can find something like that? I surely would appreciate it! Thanks for your time!

Clackamas County Oregon

To the best of my knowledge, no one is collecting that information locally. The best shot would be the San Fransisco or Seattle fresh market reports: http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/ams.fetchTemplateData.do?template=TemplateO&navID=ViewU.S.TerminalMa... . I noticed that the Seattle one was suspended mid-summer (the sequestration?). The quantities are standard USDA package sizes. They do cover organic produce. This may or may not help you. The only other approach is to go to farmers markets and have someone take notes or get the local wholesale brokers' price listings (including "Organically Grown" ) as best you can and calibrate from there after their cut. Feel free to give me a call or email. Chip

chip.bubl@oregonstate.edu 503 397-3462