This year a Jack-in-the- Pulpit grew in my yard. It was very beautiful and...

This year a Jack-in-the- Pulpit grew in my yard. It was very beautiful and exotic! What is left is a short fat "corn cob like" cluster of bright red berries. Can I propagate this plant with those berries and how is it done? Also, will the original plant come back next spring? Thank you for your help.

Wright County Minnesota

To avoid clusters and for better germination, clean the red pulp from the seeds (use rubber gloves, juice can burn) and scatter the seeds in the areas where you want more jacks (press them lightly into the soil). The original will come back and you can divide them: there is a bulb so dig the clump and gently tease out the individuals. First year seedlings have only one leaf. Second year plants have three leaflets. Depending upon the amount of light they get, it may take three to four years from planting to see flowers.