I have a tall fescue lawn I cut it at the lowest setting on my lawn mower, i...

I have a tall fescue lawn I cut it at the lowest setting on my lawn mower, i spend days removing all the thatch. I rent a machine and core aerated the lawn, then top dressed with a combination ot soil and soil nutrients, can not remember the exactly what it was, but I know it was the correct product for the reseeding and soil improvement.Then, I overseeded the lawn, with a very high quality mix of 3 types of tall l fescue , raked in, and used a starter fertilizer. it has been around 3 1/2 there weeks and there is excellent growth in some area and almost none in other. cane I apply a little more top soil and some additional seed at this time or is it to late, I thought about putting down more seed in the spring, however that is when I was going to try and kill of the weeds that I have.in the spring, which would prohibit me for overseeding or filling bare spots in the spring. I would appreciate you recommendation and how to proceed with the areas that are still bare I watered the lawn everyday day twice a day for the first week, and the in the morning everyday since. I plan to continue to water it daily in case they are some slow germination spots. My lawn was in better condition than almost anyone else in the area, except for the areas I accidentally killed while trying to get control of the weeds. My current lawn is only eight years old, when I bought the house the entire lawn was all weeds, like strawberry patch. I had it all killed and professional hydoseeded, I have read that with tall fescue, it is necessary to overseed at least ever two years? Thank you for any recomendations on how to work with the remaining bare spots and how to maintain the lawn in the future

Montgomery County Maryland lawns and turf lawn overseeding

First, tall fescue should not be cut low (or during drought.) Cut at about 3 1/2" and leave the clipping to decompose. They are very beneficial to the lawn and provide about 1/4 of the yearly nitrogen needs.

2nd, yes, you can overseed again. You can overseed until mid October. We are in the middle of a serious drought. Your soils may require watering more than twice a day depending upon wind (dries it up), humidity (low humidity increases evaporation rates), and air temperature. Please read our website publication on overseeding and maintenance: http://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG102%20Lawn%20Estab... It is very good and covers a multitude of questions.

3rd, no, you do not need to overseed every year. You may want to take a look at some of the other publications on our website,there is a new one about the new fertilizer requirements.

thank you for you response,a follow up question, since the original overseeding will be ready for this first cut in two week, and I an am going to overseed again, should I wait another 5-6 weeks for the first cutting to avoid damaging the 2nd overseeding

Mow whenever needed, but set the mower high until later in the fall.
LS