Advocates for grandparent try to get custody of grandchild

Asked September 16, 2013, 7:44 AM EDT

My grandchild is in the foster care system and his parents are in jail. I would like for him to live with me. I have been getting the runaround from the state of Texas. Is there help for me to gain custody?

Gregg County Texas family caregiving raising grandkids

1 Response

Thank you for your question. Try contacting Lone Star Legal Aid to see if you qualify for their services to help with seeking custody. If not, they may be able to recommend someone in your area that can help you.

You can also take a look at, specifically the Custody/Visitation section.