I'm looking for a "go to" book/publication - maybe a course book on...

I'm looking for a "go to" book/publication - maybe a course book on fruit production. I transplanted from Minnesota upon graduation in 1962 to Michigan's U.P. and have been sturggling to grow fruit in this climate. I'm trying to start plums or ????

Iron County Michigan

Hello. The UP can be tough to grow some fruit, but with the right varieties you can do it. Apples grow all over the UP, so that would be the logical first choice. We also have a North Star cherry that is known for its cold hardiness. Saskatoons are from Canada and are grown where other fruits cannot be grown. I do know that there are also cold hardy raspberries that may grown in your area too. Peaches, plums, and sweet cherries might be a bit tender for your area unless you are near the big lakes. If you send me your email, I can send you some specific varieties.

Nikki