Goats

I was wondering what the minimum space required to raise miniature goats would be. Some say it should be at least 100 square feet.

Clackamas County Oregon

I would need more information in order to answer this question. Are we talking about a barn or open lot or something else?

I live in the city and have a little over a half acre. I would provide most of the forage as hay, blackberry plants, and grape plants. Thanks.

The average stocking rate for farms in western Oregon is approximately one half animal unit per acre. An animal unit is 1,000 pounds so that means about 500 pounds of animal per acre. You can increase this (up to a 1,000) for example) by providing additional forage as you suggested.

I don't know the body weight of the goats, but this might provide a guide for a stocking rate.

Thank you for the info! I want to get 5 Nigerian dwarf goats that are about 40, 45, 45, 50, and 70 pounds.