I have a steep hill about 45 deg + on my back yard on the bay. This hill face...

I have a steep hill about 45 deg + on my back yard on the bay. This hill face the North, and have a full sun. Since this hill is so steep I have a hard time to manage this area. Now the hill start to cover w/ black and resberry so it become a battle ground. Also, this area become a playground for ground hog. I am planning to regrade the hill so I can improve the site w/the tall fescue grass, grouncover, surubs or any other native plants to prevent the erosion, improving maintainbility, and the view. Can you recommend what type of grass, grouncover, surubs or any other native plants to prevent the erosion, and improve the maintainability under the budget? Or any other suggestion? I really appreciate your suggestion.

St. Mary's County Maryland groundcovers plant selection

Although you did not indicate the size of the hill, i.e., total area, you should have several options. Since you are planning on regrading, perhaps you could terrace the area. That would give you one or more flat areas to plant some small shrubs. You could also consider daylilies as a groundcover. You might consider planting ornamental grasses, e.g., Blue Fescue (Festuca glauca), Feather Reed Grasses (Calamagrostis..), Pennisetum Fountain Grasses, and there are many others to consider. Most of the plants are suitable even if you choose not to terrace the hill.
LS