Freezing Grapes

1. I want to freeze whole grapes without sugar or liquid. Will the whole grapes last longer and be tastier a) if washed before frozen or b) frozen unwashed – and then when I want to eat them – take them out of the freezer – and wash them right away when in the solid frozen state?
2. I plan to eat them still somewhat frozen. I have a chest freezer. How long can they be frozen without a) loosing nutrients? b) taste being lost? If they loose either right away can you give me a guideline as to how much of the nutrients are lost say in the first week? 2 weeks? l month? 2 months? 3 months? For the way I want to eat them If taste decreases – what is the longest time you would freeze them for (in a home chest freezer) if eating them whole, and not in juice or sweetened? How rapidly does taste deteriorate? About what percentage of taste would you say goes in lst week? 2nd week? l month? 2 months? 3 months?
3. What is the best way to freeze them whole? ie dipped in lemon juice? dipped in ascorbic acid then frozen? frozen in grape juice? frozen in a zip lock bag with air removed – then put in another zip lock bag or wrapped in tin foil or butcher paper to try and prevent freezer burn?

Outside United States food safety home food preservation grapes freezing food

First grapes don't freeze well, but since you are eating them in a slighlty frozen state, you could do this. Frozen grapes are mushy when completely thawed.

Best way to freeze: wash grapes and pat dry as much as possible. lay single layer of grapes onto a jelly roll pan ( a large flat baking pan with a rim to hold grapes on the baking pan). Place in freezer until hard. then package loose grapes in a freezer weight bag -- this way they won't freeze stuck to each other and you can remove the amount you would like and as needed.

I would suggest for best flavor and texture use within 6 months.