Grass Carrying wasps

I have just located what I believe to be a grass carrying wasp nest in the aluminum track of my boys' bedroom window. I have removed it. Both of my boys have been stung by something while sitting near that window. It has produced significant swelling and redness. Would a sting by this type of wasp, even though non-aggressive, produce this type of reaction, or should I keep looking for the culprit?

Delaware County Pennsylvania insect issues

Wasp stings can produce the type of swelling and redness you described. If your child shows no signs of distress, the sting area can be soothed by applying an over-the-counter product for treating insect stings. Home remedies reported include paste of baking soda or meat tenderizer and water. an ice compress immediately after the sting should also reduce redness and swelling. If you suspect an allergic reaction you should contact your physician immediately.

If there is no evidence of return by the wasps you should be okay in assuming that you have removed the cause of problem.