What to do about bats

I have a problem with bats and I don't know what to do about them. How can I tell where they are coming in? If I find the entry site what do I use to cover it up? Since they are protected I don't know who to ask for help about this problem. We live in an older house that we rent and the landlord says anything we want fixed or taken care of we have to do it ourselves. We also have a flea (we have no pets) and ant problem and two out of our 4 burners on our stove don't work and I can't get rid of the mold in our bathroom and they wont take care of any of it. Can we report our landlord?

Rock Island County Illinois

I have a problem with bats and I don't know what to do about them. How can I tell where they are coming in? Observe the house from different observation points watching for them coming out between sunset and dark.
If I find the entry site what do I use to cover it up? All repairs and or sealing must be with appropriate materials for the structure and area being sealed. the structure must be sealed against reentry before the current entry is sealed. Simply put the process is: seal structure, install one way door over current entry points, wait five nights, remove the one way doors and seal the places the one way doors where installed. Verify that the bats where successfully removed. Repeat as necessary.
Since they are protected I don't know who to ask for help about this problem. The Illinois Department of Natural Resources is the agency that manages wildlife in Illinois.
We live in an older house that we rent and the landlord says anything we want fixed or taken care of we have to do it ourselves. This is an issue to be resolved between you and your landlord as to what is covered in your arrangement. A legal question about obligation to pay for certain items could be addressed or directed to the Illinois housing Authorities, usually part fo the Secretary of States office.
We also have a flea (we have no pets) and ant problem