Hello. My question concerns a tree in my yard. A few of the branches near the...

Hello. My question concerns a tree in my yard. A few of the branches near the top of the tree have wilted, although the leaves on those branches appear healthy. I first noticed the wilted branches back in the beginning of June and the amount of wilting has not increased or decreased this summer. I'm certainly no expert, but from what I've seen and read online it does not appear that the wilting is being caused by Verticillium Wilt. I'm including some images I've photographed of the tree. Do you have any idea what might be causing the wilting? And do you have any suggestions as to what I should do to fix the problem? The tree has produced an unusual amount of seeds this year. Could the seeds be causing the branches to bend? I should also mention that my tree is the only tree in this area that I've seen displaying this wilting behavior.

Hennepin County Minnesota

Could you please tell me what kind of tree you have. I could not tell from the photos.

Hello Dolores.
I am truly no expert when it comes to trees. The previous homeowners were the ones who planted it many years ago, so I do not know exactly what kind of tree it is. However, judging from the images I've seen online there is a strong possibility the tree could be an ash. I've taken close up photos of the leaves, seeds and the trunk bark and attached them to this message. Hopefully they will help you positively identify the tree. Thank you so much for helping me with my question!...Ric

If your tree is seeding now it is probably a Linden. In any case, I think you issue is weather related. The late spring and excessive moisture have caused many plants to perform differently than normal. Wait until next year and see what happens. If you still have a concern please have your tree checked by a certified arborist I doubt whether you have vercillium wilt.
I have attached a link to an article on the university website that discusses vertillium wilt.
http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/DG1164.html