chicken ailments

We have a flock of backyard chickens. We are concerned that they may have been exposed to Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) from some breeding stock that we purchased from a local hatchery. We picked up the breeding stock in early May and quarantined them for a few weeks. Some of the breeding stock started showing signs of illness about a month ago, with snotty beaks, sneezing, and coughing. Then a week ago, one of our original birds appeared lethargic and had foamy bubbles in the eye corners, and one of the breeding stock acted as though it was going to die. I got online and looked up the symptoms and everything that I read stated that it was MG. We then culled the breeding stock and the one original bird. Half of our original flock are now presenting with sneezes and coughs, but they show no other symptoms and are behaving normally. Would it be possible to have someone come out and do a blood test to see what our birds might have?

Kalamazoo County Michigan poultry

I would suggest that you contact Dr. Mick Fulton at the Diagnostic Center at MSU. His number is 517-353-3701. If you have further questions, please contact me.

Regards,