Hello I'm Steven, am I able to mail herbs and vegetables across county/state...

Hello I'm Steven, am I able to mail herbs and vegetables across county/state lines? I'm aware of general proper cleaning and packaging info., as well as Jefferson County-Fairfield, Iowa;and Watauga County-Boone, North Carolina extensions; but, your office is my first contact, as I live, garden, and hopefully will mail out of, Ohio.
The plants are: tomato, collards, cucumber, jalapeno pepper, green pepper, eggplant, basil, mint, chocolate mint, chives, oregano, and parsley. Sincerely, Steven Shell sshell0207@starkstate.net

Summit County Ohio vegetables herbs usda inspection shipping

Plants can be ordered and received from other countries such as Canada, and there are plant vendors in Ohio selling outside the state However, there are some states that don't allow plants from other states, such as California and Hawaii. Plants crossing state lines can be inspected by the US Dept. of Agriculture's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service. Plants crossing the national border need a US permit and can be again delayed for inspection at the border. Speed in transportation in necessary in moving plants since they are "perishable matter". The US Postal Service Publication 52 details their rules in shipping plants. If you are willing to jump through all these legal hoops then the simple answer to your question is "yes", however interstate and international commerce is full of regulations. So good luck in your endeavor.