My daughter is going to be seven years old. She really wants to learn to sew....

My daughter is going to be seven years old. She really wants to learn to sew. I was told 4H could be a program for her. How you we get involved?

Washington County Maryland

Thank you for your interest in the Washington County 4-H Program. There are a number of clubs that participate in sewing projects, along with, a variety of other arts/crafts, homearts, animal and science related projects.

The 4-H Club Structure is such that no matter what club a member is enrolled in, they have the freedom to carry any project they choose to learn about, participate in and show at the fair.

In order to become involved, you will want to peruse the attached documents in order to learn more about 4-H, identify a club that would work for your schedule and/or meet your daughter's interests/needs, and contact me if you have any additional questions.

My email address is: jkenton@umd.edu and my office phone number is 301-791-1404.

I hope to meet you and your daughter in the near future and hope that you find a place in our 4-H Family!

Sincerely,

Jamie Kenton