I have two big and old trees (I think they are Maple) which appear to be...

I have two big and old trees (I think they are Maple) which appear to be dying and I think could be a danger to life and property. Can you suggest someone who can give a fair evaluation of their status and advise? Robert Ford 118 Laurel, Lakeside OH 43440 757-647-2575

Ottawa County Ohio

Hi Robert,
Unfortunately, Ottawa County does not support an Agricultural and Natural Resource Ohio State University Extension Educator. To help you access the current health status of your trees you will need the assistance of a tree care firm that has an ISA, International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist on their staff. To locate a company that has ISA Certified Arborist Check out this web site from the Ohio Chapter and Click on link to find a certified arborist. http://www.ohiochapterisa.org/
One other suggestion if trees are located in a Municipal or Public Right of Way, generally between the sidewalk and the street then trees fall under the jurisdiction of the township, or municipal corporation. The liability of the trees transfers to the municipal corporation. If this is the case then contact the municipality for assistance. Hope This Helps! Craig