Kill Houttunyia Cardata (chameleon Plant)

I some how have gotten a lot of spreading ground cover with heart shaped leaves that I can not control or irradicate. I tried Round UP, cutting, digging, all to no avail. What can I spray on it before it takes over.

Burlington County New Jersey weeds invasive species groundcovers lawn weeds weed removal

Houttuynia cordata 'Chameleon' is a medium-sized herbaceous perennial ground cover that spreads vigorously underground by fleshy rhizomes. The plant is invasive and extremely difficult to eliminate from the landscape

A combination of digging and spraying with a garden herbicide that contains the active ingredient glyphosate will work eventually. A commonly known herbicide containing glyphosate is Roundup; other mixtures containing glyphosate are available. When digging a small patch be careful to get all of the roots. The roots tend to break off and re-sprout. August is the best time to spray this plant. It may be necessary to spray several times as the plant re-sprouts.