I have 2 3x3 raised garden beds. In one of them, I have noticed small copper...

I have 2 3x3 raised garden beds. In one of them, I have noticed small copper colored eggs being laid on the bottom of yellow squash leaves. From these eggs, little bugs with white bodies and black legs have hatched. The other plants in this box include tomato, zucchini, cucumber and cantaloupe. The Squash and Zucchini plants have started to fade back as the other plants are taking over (bad planning on my part. What are these bugs and how can I treat my plants? I have only seen them on the squash leaves. I cut the leaves and an entire stalk off the plant where I saw the bugs and eggs. The do not match any of the aphid descriptions on the internet that I have seen. My plants are in full sun. I haven't used any pesticides or insecticides and there are a lot of stink bugs too.

Baltimore County Maryland vegetables squash bugs squash insects copper insect eggs

The copper eggs, and then the black and white nymphs, will mature into squash bugs which will damage your squash. Please see a list of control options on our website's Grow It Eat It. Click on the photo of "Vegetable Pests" and choose "Squash bugs".