Asked July 30, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT

I take care of my neighbors properties and I put down crabgrass control, weed control, insect I need a license and where do I get it. And do you need study materials. And where do I by the materials. And olso send me information on organic lawn care and lawn care. Paul pagano 1046 Jassamine way Fort lee New Jersey 07024

Bergen County New Jersey

1 Response


Thank you for your question and you can find all the information for pesticide license certification and recertification for New Jersey at:

According to the information on this page, it looks like you would need to receive a commercial applicator license and would be interested in the turf license 3B. You can find out more information regarding obtaining study materials and training opportunities by calling their office directly at: Call the NJDEP Pesticide Control Program at (609) 984-6614 to inquire further.

Regarding organic lawn care, here is some information from Ohio State University which may be useful:

Jenny Rees