Please advise on how to remove mold (mildew?) from wood furniture (bookcases,...
Please advise on how to remove mold (mildew?) from wood furniture (bookcases, headboard, antique oak dining table). The finish is glossy, and of high quality. The items have been stored in a pole barn without incident for 7 months, but a recent 3 week period of rain and humidity have taken its toll. Thank you.
Hello & thank you for contacting OSU Extension with your question on removing mold &/or mildew from furniture.
An excellent resource is our Extension Disaster Education Network or EDEN. On this site is a page on removal of Mold: http://eden.lsu.edu/Topics/HumanHealth/Mold/Pages/default.aspx which describes the safety issues involved and how to properly & safely remove the mold from just about anything, including wood furniture.
I hope that you will find this information helpful.