pest management

We have millions of millipedes at our house and we live in the woods. Please send me some direction as to the best way to get rid of these, although I'm doubtful because there are soooo many. Our driveway is 800 feet long and they are at the bottom of it, so hopefully you guys can give us a hand. We live at 1844 Mountain Road, Osterburg PA 16667. I have more photos to send if you wish. This pic shows you that this is every morning when I wake up, and at night they are crawling up all sides of our house. We have been spraying a 12 in diameter around the house, but I think we should be spraying some kind of a barrier out away from the house, so maybe they won't die right where we are walking. Your thoughts? And please feel free to pay us a visit if you'd like. I've spoken to other people and they have them just not as bad as we do...UGH!!!!

Bedford County Pennsylvania

I'm sorry you're having such a problem with millipedes. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to stop them from coming to the house. Pesticides are minimally effective. You might try using one of the materials containing the active ingredient bifenthrin. Purchase it as a concentrate that you dilute in water and apply with a sprayer at the rate indicated on the label. Not promising great results but it could help. Info:

http://ento.psu.edu/extension/factsheets/millipedes