Farm Field That Floods

Asked July 22, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT

I have a farm field to the rear of my property that floods on occasion, turning my yard, garden, and small shed—and my neighbor's—into a slow-draining river. There is a drain tile, but it cannot carry the water running off the farm field. Where can I turn to remedy this problem for my neighbors and myself?

Licking County Ohio drainage agriculture drainage issues

1 Response

I would suggest that you contact you county engineer or soil and water conservation office. They can help you locate the county tile and determine a plan for improved drainage.