Transferring chicks to outdoor housing

We have had our chicks (32 of them) in a huge box inside our home for the first 3 1/2 weeks of their life and are now finishing up their new home outside. It is an 8 x 12 foot enclosure. We live in east Tennessee, and it has been very moist and humid and around 90 degrees. We are concerned that moving the chicks into the humidity will shock them. Do you have any suggestions to make it a less stressful transition?

Roane County Tennessee poultry poultry housing

Generally, moving chicks outside will not be a stressful situation for them. We like them to be fully feathered before we move them outside (generally 6 weeks old). You can transition them by putting their box outside for some time each day. Chickens are pretty tough and shouldn't have an issue with the weather! If you want you can call my office in Harriman and I will be glad to discuss further (865-376-5558). Thanks for the question.
--Grant