Ranching Consultant

Asked July 15, 2013, 11:04 PM EDT

I am wondering if OSU has ranching or livestock consultants or knows of some outside the school. I am considering expanding our farm operation to include grass-fed livestock.

Lane County Oregon

1 Response

I am the Regional Livestock and Forage Specialist in Western Oregon. Lane County is one of the counties I cover. Please call or email me with any questions: shelby.filley@oregonstate.edu and 541-672-4461. Also, visit my website for lots of information on raising forage and livestock: http://extension.oregonstate.edu/douglas/lf.

You may also contact Melissa.fery@oregonstate.edu, OSU Small Farms program. See also http://smallfarms.oregonstate.edu for information on your question.