Funny raspberries

Hi, Some of my raspberries (Amity) have very few globes on the berries. What causes that?

Benton County Oregon fruits and vegetables horticulture

Raspberreis have been having problems this year due to: too hot, too cold; too wet and now too dry.

The usual answer for few seeded druplets - is poor pollination during the wet periods this spring/pre swummer.

Thanks Ross for the timely response.
Interestingly, it seems to only have happened on some bushes of raspberries, not all and not all varieties (Anne-yes a few, Amity-yes fewer, Willamette-no) and no problem with the Marionberries. However it is nice to know that it's not something I have any control over. I do have a gazillion bees (lots of poppies!). Thanks again, Michael

It is truly amazing how one or two days in time can make such a huge difference in pollination, plus different varieties react differently to weather conditions also.

Howdy again,
Now I'm wondering about strawberries. I have TriStar, Seascape, Sequoia and Willamette (the latter two are NOT recommended). They're about three years old and while I had a great first blush for a couple of months on the Tri and Seascape...today I noticed there's nothing coming up! They've regularly produced well into November, so I'm wondering if the same issue you noted about the raspberries applies to the strawberries?
Thanks for your time,
Michael

It just got tooooo hot for the strawberries to produce fruit; more of a just survive mode right now.

The Seascape and Tristar should get back into production as the weather moderates back to more normal temps.

Ross,

Well thanks again! That's a relief. I usually have a a lot of very tasty 'berries and it's encouraging to know they'll come back.

Best cheers,
michael

Glad we could be of help.
Ross