Burrows

We recently moved into a house in Salem and had it landscaped three weeks ago. The week after it was done I noticed this pile of dirt right in the middle of a grassy area. I thought the landscapers had dumped a pot over or something. I moved the dirt and thought nothing more of it. Just tonight my boyfriend and I were in the backyard and another pile of dirt was there. As we were walking around we noticed that dirt was removed from one side of planter box that is next to a fence and then saw that the mulch had been moved. After that we realized there was like a pattern in the mulch. Can you give us an idea of what it could be? I've herd it could be gofers, moles, or voles. How do we get rid of them. Neither of us has felt with anything like this and have no idea where to start. Thank you so much!

Oregon wildlife damage management horticulture

From your description alone I can't make a determination but here is more information that likely includes your question http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1957/19728/ec1579.pdf