when to renovate junebearing strawberrys

This is my first year growing strawberrys. I have a 50 foot row of earlyglows and 50 foot of allstar. Most of my reading says to renovate after the harvest in late june or early july. It's already late june and my plants havn't even started to slow down yet. How late in the season can the rows be renovated? Also if were done harvesting but the plants are still producing can I renovate them or do I have to wait? Thank You.

Barry County Michigan

Once you have finished harvesting it is time to renovate.
Mow off the flowers and fruit but set your mower high to avoid scalping the crowns.
Narrow the rows to about 12 inches. Apply fertilizers and begin irrigating to start regrowth of the plants. Now is a good time to weed and commercial growers would also apply herbicides but none of the herbicides available to homeowners for their garden should be used in a homeowner planting. The fertilizer and water will set the plants up to produce a good crop next year. Keep irrigating to Labor day as the flower buds for next year are set in the fall.

How late in the season can the rows be renovated? Also if were done harvesting but the plants are still producing can I renovate them or do I have to wait? Thank You

The question how late can I renovate makes no sense to me.
You should renovate as soon as you decide that you are not going to harvest any more fruit. It does not mater if there is fruit on the plants or not. I suppose you can renovate any time you want but I would want to get started. You will lose running of the mother plants the longer you delay.
The object is to get rid of the fruit and old leaves and force the plant to set out new runners and fill the row. Be sure to maintain good irrigation and pest control so the daughter plants are healthy and set flower buds this fall.