diervilla lonicera

Will diervilla lonicera grow well under my white pines? How much shade can this native low bush "honeysuckle" tolerate?

Mississippi

.The Northern Bush honeysuckle adapts well to various light levels and should be fine under your white pines. It's native habitat is the Northeastern U.S. ranging into TN, AL. and GA.--usually found growing under confiers like balsam fir and jack pine.

Thank you very much for your answer and your quick response time! I was hoping light conditions wouldn't matter much. I saw some beautiful northern bush honeysuckle (diervilla lonicera) at the garden center of Lowes, here in Southfield, Michigan. I'll just buy one and watch for it to sucker and help it spread a bit by bending some lower branches and burrying them in soil to start new plants. I love the flowers of the northern bush honeysuckle and the fact that it is a native plant. I was looking for something to brighten the area which is covered in a blanket of pine needles.