Animal Fecal Testing?

Asked June 24, 2013, 12:27 AM EDT

I have a potbellied pig, a goat, and thirteen chickens. I live in Boulder County. I'm trying to find a vet to whom I can give fecal samples from all three species to determine whether I need to deworm them.

They have been seen by a vet, but I'm not happy with his care. I've called a number of dog/cat vets in the area, and I don't get past the receptionist. They all say that unless the animals are patients, they won't do the test.

I am just trying to do the best by the animals. I don't want to deworm them if they don't need it. Is there an solution?

Boulder County Colorado

1 Response

If you want to have the animals tested, contact Colorado State University Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in Fort Collins. Their phone number is 970-491-7051.