raspberry fungas

I have had a garden in my backyard for 3 yrs in a raised bed. I originally planted raspberries, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, onions and strawberries. Obviously, the raspberries and strawberries are in the same spot every year. My strawberries do well. My raspberries have never grown well. They come out of the ground looking like a healthy plant. They stop growing and produce small, sometimes deformed fruit. I tore out the raspberries this year and planted potatoes where they were. I have planted potatoes twice this year and not a single one has grown. What advice do you have for me. My onions, tomatoes and peppers are all looking good this year.

Story County Iowa

The raspberry plants likely had a disease problem. Removal of the raspberry plants was the best course of action.

The potatoes should have sprouted if the seed pieces were healthy and planted correctly. A disease would not have prevented them sprouting. I'm guessing the seed pieces were poor quality (not viable). I would obtain potato tubers (seed pieces) from a different source next year.