peach trees not bearing fruit this year

Hi,

I moved into a new (old) house with 2 existing, mature peach trees. The crop last fall was so heavy that branches were breaking.

This winter, I pruned the tree pretty well (I have some experience doing this and was not too severe) to thin and shape it better.

The trees look great and are very lush. I have watered them well. However there were no buds this spring and clearly no fruit is on the way.

There is a house about a block away from my house with 14 or so very healthy trees and they do not have fruit either (and they did last year as well).

I read an article about Alternate Bearing but it contended that this was not as common in peaches.

Could you share some insight with me about what is going on, what might happen in the future, and what i can do to have more prolific, regular yields (preferably with Organic methods).

Thanks,

Doug Yetman

Denver County Colorado trees and shrubs

Possibly our warming this spring, then very cold snap played a part in this.
Here is a link to general info on peach trees in Colorado.
http://www.ext.colostate.edu/ptlk/1204.html