raspberry disease

I have a row of raspberries along a fence with an eastern exposure. Irrigation is via soaker hose. I have neither fertilized nor used any pesticides. Some were planted last year and some this year. They were growing really well and now I see evidence of disease: curled leaf ends, the leaf turning dark green to almost black where curled. This looks to be affecting every plant to a minor degree but obviously I don't want it to get worse. What is it and how do I treat it? Thanks.

Crook County Oregon

Hi, I would suggest you removed the affected leaves and then monitor to see if the damage progresses. The pattern of damage in the photo suggests some sort of environmental factor as the culprit (possibly cold tissue damage). If you continue to see this type of damage on the leaves then I would recommend you bring a sample of the damage into our plant clinic at the OSU Extension Service office in Prineville or Redmond so we can take a closer look. The Prineville office is staffed on Tues. afternoons form 1-5.

Thanks, Amy Jo