Pond Management

I need to speak to someone about the pond on my property. I am adding about 20000 gal of water per day but am loosing that much or more. Do you know someone who i could speak with or come out and look at the pond. I am located just south of Palestine. Thank you.

Jack Kraatz
Bella Sera Ranch
903-723-0900

Anderson County Texas freshwater aquaculture pond design construction recreational pond management

I wouldn't add that kind of water to a pond. You likely either have a leaking pond or extreme evaporation going on. There are ratios of watershed area and ground cover and soil types to pond area and depth that should be considered when creating a pond. Too little watershed area per water surface area will not allow your pond to fully fill. It may behoove you to get the soils tested for their sand and clay content. Solutions for leaky ponds are either to reseal the pond bottom with bentonite clay, or a rubber/pvc pond liner. Please see the following links for more information.

Renovating Leaky Ponds
Building quality ponds

who should i consult with in this area re this issue?

You may want to consult the folks at Texas A&M about the issue.