Palm Fatty Acid for Dairy cattle nutrition

This fat powder Palm oil based contain 99% of active fat, it`s coated(no animal and chemical components) and specially designed for dairy cattle. I was told that adding 250grams on daily bases in to the nutrition program, should increase at least 1 to 1.5 litre of milk depending on cattle and help for fastest growth and much more other health benefits for cattle. I wanted your expert opinion regarding its effectiveness considering the feed cost control of this kind of fatty acid? and if that can replace other fat component on the daily cattle nutrition in order to decrease the feed cost ?
Thank`s & Rgrds

Outside United States supplements nutrition of milking and dry cows dairy nutrition

Hello -

I have inserted a link to a presentation given by Dr. Lou Armentano from UW Madison. The discussion he is having on Dietary Fatty Acids is related to the question posed. I would suggest contacting Lou (his contact information can be found below). He is very approachable and would be pleased to visit with you.

http://dysci.wisc.edu/events/dairyday10/Armentano%202010%20ADD%20Presentation.pdf

Louis E. Armentano, Ph.D.

Louis Armentano PhDRoom 952 Animal Science Building
1675 Observatory Drive
Madison, WI 53706
608-263-3490
learment@wisc.edu
I hope this helps.Take Care, Mark H