IDENTIFY THIS WEED

Weed is growing in client's yard. Spreading fast. Wants to know what it is and how to control so it does not spread into neighboring yards. Little yellow specks are seeds off weed. When viewing the pictures in the edit view, they look very blurry to me. My original pictures are clear. If you are having a problem viewing them, let me know. Maybe I can send them another way.

Alpena County Michigan weed issues

Your pictures are a little blurry, and it would help to know the scale of the plant. (putting a pencil, a quarter, or a small ruler next to plants, in future, will help). It appears you have red sorrel, scientific name Rumex acetosella

I am including the description, management, and control sections for red sorrel from
www.msuturfweeds.net

At this site there are several color pictures of this weed. Please take a look and see if they match what you have. This site has many of the common weeds and weedy grasses of lawns.

"Red sorrel is a perennial weed of low-maintenance sites characterized by dry, infertile and often low pH soils. Red sorrel will survive at neutral pH but is usually not as prevalent because the turf will be more competitive under these conditions.
Red sorrel has a low creeping (rhizomes) growth habit and is also quite viable from seed. The distinctive leaves of red sorrel have a velvety texture and are arrow-head or bullet-shaped with two elongated lobes (dog-ears) at the base. The inconspicuous 'red dust' flowers of red sorrel are typically present in June and can persist through early July.
Red sorrel is easily managed with judicious fertilizer applications and consistent mowing at 3+ inches. Dense turf is a very effective deterrent. Red sorrel is often an indication of acidic soils. Liming toward a neutral pH will help encourage the turf and remove red sorrels main advantage.

Red sorrel is susceptible to MCPP, dicamba and triclopyr. These herbicides applied alone or in combination with other active ingredients should be very effective at reducing red sorrel populations. Avoid periods of drought or heat stress when the red sorrel is not actively growing.
Disclaimer: Always read, understand, and follow the label directions. Mention or exclusion of specific products does not represent an endorsement or condemnation of any product by Michigan State University."
For more information on the science of caring for lawns please see www.turf.msu.edu
I hope this helps you control this weed. Should you have more questions, please write back. Thank you for using our service.