Apple trees do not form blossoms

I have two apple trees - Harrelson and Sweet Sixteen neither of which will get blossoms. I have only had one apple in 7 years of growing these trees. Any advice would be welcome. I had the soil tested and the report came back fine. Thanks

Custer County South Dakota

Young apple trees can often take several years to start blooming, depending on the type of tree they are, certain culitvars bloom faster and usually dwarf trees will bloom earlier than full size trees. Then there is the weather factor. Many gardeners had very few flowers on their trees the last couple years because of the drought and spring freezes. There really isn't much you can do other than to provide good care. I recommend mulching around the base of the tree and extending out 3-5' from the trunk to reduce competition from other plants. Water during prolonged dry periods too.