Low growing ground cover-full sun

Hello, I live in North Boulder and I have a backyard that I'm trying to xeriscape. I'm looking for a bee-friendly low growing groundcover that can be walked on minimally for sandy/clay soil.

Boulder County Colorado

Hi, we would recommend visiting your local nursery for plants called "stepables". These are generally low-to-the-ground plants that spread out, can take foot traffic, and--in some cases--have low water requirements. Some bloom, and some bloom more prolifically than others. "Pink Chintz" or Creeping Thyme may be one that you like. Creeping thyme is a plant that rabbits and deer do not like, and that bees do, so it may work for you. There are other similar ground covers, so you might like to investigate all your options. Please let us know if this did not adequately answer your question. Boulder County Master Gardeners