identification of a flower

I have a new house...and this spring I have a flower that I don't know what it is. I have checked on-line and in many perennials books. How can I find someone who can put a name to it? It grows in partial shade, has leaves sort of like a daffodil or tulip...gets a stem with a pod on it, the pod opens and it has about 10 flowers hanging upside down. When they open, they are a creamy white with a deep purple in the crease. They have 3 flowers and 3 small leaves all in a circle. And they smell horrible.

Ingham County Michigan flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

Congratulations on your new home.

You mentioned that the flower smells horrible. Is it an onion like fragrance? From the photo, your plant looks like an Allium bulgaricum ( also called Nectaroscordum). Alliums are related to onions and thus the onion scent. Alliums are grown from bulbs.

If you do an internet search for Allium bulgaricum, you will see many images of of this plant. Compare the images to your plant to confirm this identification.
If this is not a match please reply back with additional photos.

I hope this information has been helpful. Thank you for using our system.