How to select roses

I live in North Little Rock AR and have had a beautiful rose garden for years. We are extending the garden into an 8x15 foot garden area and also want to add climbing roses on the back fence of our property. I want colorful, hardy and thick roses for the fence. Prefer color rather than white. Any suggestions Would also love to include a purple and multicolor rose in the garden. Thanks for your help.

Pulaski County Arkansas

New roses come on the market yearly, so there are lots of options. New Dawn has been a standard tough climber for years with beautiful pink blooms. For a tough early spring bloomer, the thornless Lady Banks rose is a beautiful shade of yellow, but it only blooms once in the spring. Mermaid is a pretty yellow, Cecelie Brunner is vigorous pink, and Stormy Weather is purple. Joseph's Coat is a multi-color option.