Mold or disease, crispy leaves on squash, pea, radish

Something is going wrong in my garden. The plants seem healthy overall, not wilting from lack of water. Some leaves brown. Young and older leaves brown on the edges. Overnight some leaves will turn pale whitish in coloring,, maybe a mold? But the leaves are dry and crispy when they are whitish. They are discolored, not a powdery coating, so maybe not mold. This is primarily on my spaghetti squash, but is also impacting peas and maybe radish leaves. I don't see bugs. This is my first garden, so I really need guideance.

Utah County Utah master gardener program

Dear writer:

This is one of those times where you need to contact your local extension office directly. They have a disease, insect, and problem diagnostic clinic that is designed to help solve this type of problem. They will ask a few questions, look over the problem and advise a course of action.

Take representative samples of the leaves (from all plants affected). Put them in a plastic bag with moist paper towel. Keep cool so the plant leaves don't dry out or wilt too much.

The local extension office for Utah County is in Provo

100 E. Center St. Rm. L600 (L400 for 4-H)
Provo, UT 84606
(801) 851-8460

Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm

I'd call them to see what days they hold their diagnostic clinic.

0 Comments