Key Lime Fruit Setting

I have a 1 year old key lime tree. It is very healthy and is about 6 ft high. I am getting a tremendous amount of blossoms and the initial beginnings of the fruit then they fall off. I am not getting any fruit to set. Any recommendations? What actions can be taken to improve this. I have 2 grapefruit, 4 orange and 1 persian lime that do not have any problems with fruit setting next to this key lime tree. Location: south of Mobile, AL

Mobile County Alabama

Dear Client,

Mobile is still a bit far north for Key Limes. They have a very low chill requirement, so what is most likely happening is that your tree is blooming profusely once its chill hours are satisfied, and then they are being damaged and falling off by a later cold snap. If the blooms stay on long enough to begin forming a fruit, then it could be a lack of pollination.

Thank you for your question.