First Question: I want to get rid of English ivy that has spread in my...

First Question: I want to get rid of English ivy that has spread in my backyard. I pulled a lot of it up recently but it's growing back, it seems the vines are growing in the soil by themselves. Second Question: I want to get rid of 'Tiger' lilies or ditch lilies from my backyard. I dug some of them up but I got tired of so I mowed them and then applied a weed killer for brush/poison ivy (the label says it kills a lot of weeds) directly on the stub. Is this a good way to go about it? I dug the lilies up before and they came back. The backyard in this house I bought in DC has been totally neglected. There are more problems..... Thank you for your help.

District of Columbia County District of Columbia weed control english ivy removal vines

Persistance is the key to elimination of ivy or lilies or any weed. Remove as much as possible of the plant material. As soon as a cut is made, glyphosate (Roundup) can be applied to the cut area. In a few days, as soon as new growth is seen, it should be removed or herbicide should be applied. If the weed is allowed to grow for even a brief period of time, the roots will be enhanced and the elimination period will be extended. vw