I have a Silver King Eunymus that has a problem with the leaves falling off....

I have a Silver King Eunymus that has a problem with the leaves falling off. I do not think it is scale since there are no little insects on the leaf. I have gone through numerous forums and cannot seem to pinpoint what it is or what I can do about it. Maybe you can help me. I am attaching a picture of one of the leaves as well as a picture of one of the branches, which I also think is part of the problem.

Bergen County New Jersey trees and shrubs horticulture

I cannot tell the problem with your euonymus just from your photos, I recommend you contact you local NJ county master gardener office, and bring them a sample. From the photos, it does not look like an typical insect or disease problem. It could be a cultural problem. I have included the contact information for Bergen County, NJ master gardeners.
http://mgofbc.org/
For Bergen County residents seeking horticultural and pest control information.
Open April to October - 9:30 to 12:00; Monday to Thursday call: 201.336.6783 & 201.336.6784

Regards,
Carol Quish,
UConn Home and Garden Education Center