Evergreen (cedar spreader?) Blight

We are seeing a well-established evergreen turning brown and dying (picture attached. There are no visible signs other that the dead branches. Is it possible this ground cover is just getting old, or are we dealing with a disease or pest? The spread of the malady is quite fast. Thank you!

Adams County Colorado

I suspect the damage you are seeing is a result of voles feeding at the bases of the plants. You can pull out an affected branch (it should be pretty easy) and look for chewing damage at its base. They normally girdle twigs which leads to the sharp contrast between the dead branches they girdled and the live braches they have not. If you cannot locate any chewing damage (the bark should be striped with rough edges around the wound) please let me know. Here is a link with resource on vole control: http://www.coopext.colostate.edu/adams/ag/vole.htmHope this helps if you have any further questions please let me know,