Run-off problem

Asked May 9, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT

My community built a development behind my property. In the few years that this has been in existence, there is an ongoing erosion of my yard, and the development of a significant gully, with secondary ones now forming. The development has very little drainage or retention construction within it. How can I prevent additional damage to my yard? What are my options to deal with this?

York County Pennsylvania

1 Response

Rather than give you a direct answer, I am going to recommend that you contact the York County Conservation District. They are in charge of permitting developments for certain aspects of the building process and should be made aware of any erosion issues in relationship to those developments. They have erosion and sediment control technicians on staff who can assist you with the proper way to deal with your issues as well. Their number is 717-840-7430. They are located at 118 Pleasant Acres Road in York.