We have lived in the same house since 1978 and for the first time we are...

We have lived in the same house since 1978 and for the first time we are getting ticks in the house. My daughter moved here recently with a dog. Do they most likely come in on the dog and drop off? Have also pulled 3 or more off the dog recently. My neighbor said to get Frontline for the dog. Should we spray the lawn with any particular product. We back to a 5 acre plot that is leased by city of Rockville to Lakewood Country Club, who is trying to reforest the area, but behind me it's like a weed patch that they don't maintain except for cutting a 10 foot swath of grass adjacent to their fence. Any suggestions for what to do will be appreciated.

Montgomery County Maryland

A tick infestation inside the home can be difficult to deal with, but the principle control tactic is increased sanitation. Essentially, this means vacuuming your home much more frequently and thoroughly in order to interrupt the life cycle. Another important tactic is to have the dog treated as your neighbor suggested. It is also helpful to mow weedy areas in order to eliminate areas where ticks might be lurking. LS