Land restoration

Asked May 6, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT

I have recently purchased property that had several trees infected with pine beatle kill. I have removed the trees and now have a large meadow that I am trying to decide what to do with. Are there any resources through CU extension for re-seeding the area to prevent weeds from taking over?

Pueblo County Colorado

1 Response

How large is the area you are trying to revegetate? Do you have sufficient water available to get plants established this year?

CSU Extension has a good publication on revegetating pastures at If your site is more of an urban setting, try the CSU Turfgrass website at

The Natural Resource Conservation Service can offer advice on revegetating large sites. You can reach them at (719) 543-8386.

If you need more information, please contact me at 719-583-6566.