Can you identify this bug for me and possibly give some information on how to...

Can you identify this bug for me and possibly give some information on how to get rid of them?

Morrow County Ohio

Hi, after I enlarged your picture, what I can see is a centipede. You should go online and look at the pictures of the firebrat, silverfish, and centipede. Here is the site: http://www.uky.edu/classes/ENT/574/insects/homes/fshc/fshc.htm . Silverfish have a fish like shape about a half inch long while centipedes have two legs to each segment and there are many of them. They come inside looking for something to eat. The site states that you might have a moisture problem in the home or underneath as this will encourage them to come inside and seek food. The silverfish is the one that eats the linings of books and paste from wallpaper. The centipede eats other insects and spiders that it can find. Usually they don't bother people but are gross looking and give you the creeps. Most home perimeter sprays will have the centipede listed on the label that it will control them. Read the label and pay attention to how to apply the insecticide and precautions for house pets and fish. When I used Google, there was an exterminator company that illustrated the difference between them and offered control measures. (Get references before hiring a company!)I hope this helps you. It is a centipede -- look it up online. Not usually a harmful insect, mostly just gross looking. DON