Frost Dates Summit County

I am trying to locate frost dates for Breckenridge, can you help?

Summit County Colorado frost

This URL is has frost information: http://www.plantmaps.com/interactive-colorado-usda-plant-zone-hardiness-map.php?ZS=80443 . Here in Summit County, microclimates are important to understand. I have had homeowners report 23 frost free days in Blue River while another reported 72 frost free days on Peak 7. On your particular piece of land, note the aspect (where is the sun) and identify if you have any natural heat sinks like rocks. Features like this will, to some degree, protect your plants on colder nights. On the anecdotal side of things, we often say Father's Day (mid June) is when you can safely leave plants out overnight...some time in August or September is when to note the overnight lows once again. Of course, the mid-July freeze is always an option at 10,000 +- feet! I hope this helps. Dan Schroder, CSU Extension Agent in Summit County (Frisco). dan.schroder@colostate.edu / 970-668-4140