Gell Stuff

I have a creek in my woods in Baltimore Ohio and it seems like every other thing I touch (rocks and sticks) there is this jello like stuff in a sphere-like shape and we live by a farm and livestock (horses cows and pigs ect.) and can you get rid of it and we do have small fish and turtles and frogs and beavers and muskrats.

Fairfield County Ohio natural resources wildlife habitat

I'm not entirely certain what you're encountering. Superficially, the description sounds like it may be native freshwater bryozoans or "moss animals." However, you're not likely to find substantial colonies of bryozoans unless you also have substantial amounts of quiet, still backwaters: a description that I don't necessarily associate with many bodies of water called "creek." Another possibility is that they are egg masses for any possible number of organisms. Can you share a detailed photo?

If this stuff is indeed part of the natural life cycle of a native organism, I would not want to disrupt the native ecology by getting rid of it. Often, such disruptions have system-wide consequences that we end up ultimately not liking. If it is some nuisance byproduct of pollution or nutrient loading in the watershed, the best solution would be to implement management practices to minimize runoff from the watershed and stop the nuisance from happening to begin with. I suspect the former case: that this is simply part of the life cycle of a native organism and deserves to be left undisturbed. Still, if you could share some details and/or detailed images, I might be able to help you sort this out.

Best,
Eugene

it doesnt realy show up well but i will send a picture in 2 days

I'll look forward to it. In the meantime, does it look like anything pictured here?

http://www.magma.ca/~syatabe/water_brains/water_brains.html