new plant no instruction

I recently purchased a corsican mint from the gift shop at U of M Botanical Gardens and the gal behind the counter couldn't locate the care instructions. It looks like a Baby Tears which scares me a little because I know how delicate they are but on the other hand its mint which makes me think its pretty hardy. My daughter would like to split a small piece off for her container fairy garden and i would just like to know general care for the little beauty. I also wondered if the mint can be consumed. Thanks in advance for any info.

Washtenaw County Michigan mint horticulture

Corsican mint (mentha requienii) is a perennial. It is hardy to zone 6 and is not frost tender. It is in flower from Jul to August. The flowers are hermaphrodite (have both male and female organs) and are pollinated by insects. It is noted for attracting wildlife. It is a wonderful, mat forming groundcover that features tight green, aromatic foliage. Tiny lavender flowers in summer. Plant as a lawn substitution or between stones so that the gentle scent of mint is released when walked on. Excellent for front entryways and back patios. Will take moist areas as well as normal landscape scenarios and will reseed easily in the garden. Fairly tolerant of being walked on, it grows well in the cracks of paving stones and also as a lawn with thyme and camomile. The plant usually self-sows even when the parent plant is killed by frost. The whole plant is strongly aromatic with a peppermint aroma. The flowers are very attractive to bees and butterflies. A good companion plant for growing near cabbages and tomatoes, helping to keep them free of insect pests. It is suitable for: light (sandy), medium (loamy) and heavy (clay) soils and can grow in heavy clay soil. Suitable pH: acid, neutral and basic (alkaline) soils. It can grow in semi-shade (light woodland) or no shade. It prefers moist soil and succeeds in most situations so long as the soil is not too dry. It has a very strong peppermint-like aroma, and is used as a flavoring in salads, cooked foods and liqueurs. An herb tea can be made from the leaves. This species of mint will grow in drier soils than the other mints. It also grows well in heavy clay soils. Members of this genus are rarely if ever troubled by browsing deer. Hope this was helpful. Sorry for the delay in answering.